Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Reflection on Farm Stand Website

For my project this year, I decided to have students create websites to combine harvesting, the Farm Stand, writing, and technology.

Each student created a website on a vegetable that we grow in the hoop house. All of their websites were connected to the main Farm Stand website. We will (hopefully) soon share our website with the community! We would love to keep it updated with what we are specifically selling on Wednesdays and Thursdays, but I am not sure who would be in-charge of the regular updates.

I have a couple of "celebrations." My students are so much more techie than they use to me. I can't believe the growth. They also have much more ownership of the vegetable they researched. Leah mentioned overhearing them talk to each other with pride about "their" vegetable. I would love for students to feel more about more ownership when it comes to harvesting and selling.

Next year I would like to connect this unit with science. While we look  at "range of tolerance" in science or "optimal conditions," students can find find that information about their vegetable. Because I will most likely be full-time next year, I will be able to be part of the OE classes, harvesting, and the Farm Stand in a way I could not this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment