Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Update on Individualized Math Instruction...


Goal:  My original goal was to investigate different online resources and to see how they could help facilitate some individualized learning and enrichment.

Challenges:  My biggest challenges have been dealing with many of the questions that students have when they applying the instructional video to their homework.  After giving up time to have them watch some of these videos on their own, I feel that I have often ended up having to re-teach the lesson in my own voice to get them to understand.

Celebration:  Not sure that this is an intended celebration, but partly because of thinking through this idea, I have got in the habit of regularly making online videos on days when I'm absent and I have started posting all of my notes in class on my moodle page.  These have been well appreciated by the students so that days I'm gone go well and then if they are absent they know where to look to get some hints at what they missed.

Thinking Changed:  Well...still struggling I suppose with thinking through how to push some students and keeping the rest of the class on pace when giving up control.  This is still a work in progress and will continue next year as I'm switching math courses.



No comments:

Post a Comment